Hello. Next new to mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Evgeny

Hello. Next new to mint

Post by Evgeny »

Hello. I believe I am quite new here.

I'm a 23 years-old guy. my is name is Luc-Olivier, I am from Quebec, so Yeah, I speak french as my native langage

Right now I am using Windows 7, but that is only for some time. I am going to delete windows completly, ( because I don,t like it, I hate it.) and I'm going to install Linux as soon I can.

Hello to everyone,

I can't wait to install my Linux,

Edit: And I forgot to tell I am using Chrome, Firefox, and even more Opera as web browsers, I am already using opera as mail client (I got Thunderbird too.) and I love Libreoffice, it is great.

Edit two : I,ve just read about a program name Shake, to defragment Linux. I am panning to use it for a longtime, i wonder if I'll ever need to use it.. ho wel
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Hello. Next new to mint

Post by caf4926 »

It's a good idea to try Mint live before you proceed with any deleting
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Post by raymerjacque »

Opera FTW, its the best !
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums :mrgreen:
robw

Post by robw »

Hi Luc-Olivier,

Good to have you aboard. I reckon most of us started out with Windows, and I know it's sometimes hard to give it up. My advice would be to think hard about what you need. I decided to delete it and go with Linux 5 years ago, and I've only had a few times when I've needed Microsoft gear. In my experience, the only time is when you need niche piece of software. Examples might be driving instruction CDs or where your work requires something only available on Windows. I would suggest that you try to use only Mint, and keep Windows until you get the feeling that you can do without it. I workd in a Windows-only environment for over a year before I realised that Linux could translate everything I needed. Once you're sure, you'll know. I've never looked back, and with so much available online, you can usually get past any Microsoft-locked issues!

Cheers, Rob
Evgeny

Post by Evgeny »

Thanks for the welcome, I've just done it, I've remplace windows totaly with linux mint, I don't know how to get back to windows, but, I don,t care.
Now I'll download chrome and Opera, and maybe libreoffice 4 for linux and I'll be super happy, see you all around

I need some help installing libre office 4

Edit : naw, I don't need help anymore. Firefox, chrome and Opera, lifeoffice 4 are all installed in french, and I am very happy
robw

Post by robw »

Good for you. Well done and welcome aboard!

Rob

Return to “Introduce Yourself”