Please test and rate my new cinnamon themes!

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DisappearingOak

Please test and rate my new cinnamon themes!

Post by DisappearingOak »

It's alpha at the moment.

http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/159

http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/160

Artwork inspired by kde and aero, my own original panel images, based on faience theme.
Thanks much. If it's broken in any way, please do not hesitate to report it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Please test and rate my new cinnamon themes!

Post by bimsebasse »

Hi DA, the theme is not broken, everything's working as it should :)

Minor things:
- be sure to check that the panel looks good both in top and bottom panel setups, it looks a bit weird at the top.
- the border-radius in popup menus is off because your image has a 13px border radius (or thereabouts) and the css doesn't account for it. This works better:

Code: Select all

.popup-menu {
color: #ffffff;
font-size: 10pt;
min-width: 200px;
border-image: url("../img/cal.png") 13;
}
- view-selector.css can be deleted, not used in Cinnamon. (Not even used in gnome-shell anymore)
- the add-workspace-button looks better with unrounded corners on the screen edge? achieved with "border-radius: 4px 0px 0px 4px;"
- the favourites launchers in the menu aren't aligned with the session buttons. This fixes it:

Code: Select all

.menu-favorites-button {
padding: 10px;
}
- the search field in the menu is too wide

If you want to see what can be deleted in cinnamon.css (unused gnome-shell.css leftover). Check out Týr's cinnamon.css, it has clean code.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

And if you do more themes, it's much easier to base a theme off the default theme's cinnamon.css (The theme called "Cinnamon"), and then copy what you need from a gnome.shell.css into it, rather than base it on a gnome-shell.css and port it to cinnamon.
DisappearingOak

bimsebasse wrote:And if you do more themes, it's much easier to base a theme off the default theme's cinnamon.css (The theme called "Cinnamon"), and then copy what you need from a gnome.shell.css into it, rather than base it on a gnome-shell.css and port it to cinnamon.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into all of that. I was aware of the misalignemnt in the main menu, but I was in a hurry to upload. I'll fix it using what you said. Thanks.
DisappearingOak

bimsebasse wrote:And if you do more themes, it's much easier to base a theme off the default theme's cinnamon.css (The theme called "Cinnamon"), and then copy what you need from a gnome.shell.css into it, rather than base it on a gnome-shell.css and port it to cinnamon.
I've updated the themes. Thanks. One question -when you say the panel on top didn't look okay, did you mean because it lacked a border at the bottom? I found out I was using some css tag wrongly and the image was being clipped at the bottom.. and I've updated it and now it has the border at bottom as should be. Or did you mean something else?
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

No, that's what I meant :)
DisappearingOak

bimsebasse wrote:No, that's what I meant :)
Hey, I saw your name on themes on DeviantArt. You made some good themes. :)

I've uploaded a new theme called 'Sea' (designed to be fresh and lickable), if anyone wants to use.
http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/161

I've yet to get fully clued in on the CSS tags. Last time I dabbled in CSS and making webpages with Tiddlywiki was 4 years ago.

A lead dev of an E17 distro challenged me to make a better theme than their theme artists, when I complained that their themes were really bad. :D So I made one.. but for Cinnamon.
Malsasa

Post by Malsasa »

But is there any screenshot? I wanna see your "aeroic" theme :) Thank you...
DisappearingOak

Malsasa wrote:But is there any screenshot? I wanna see your "aeroic" theme :) Thank you...
Sorry, there's an error, or a lack of feature in Cinnamon that prevents me from taking screenshots when any menu or applet is open. It's very easy to try the themes yourself though by downloading the zip file from the links provided before and extracting them in "/home/<username>/.themes". Hope it works out for you.

By the way, my theme is nothing like aero, it has no transparencies or anything.. just a little inspired by it..
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

DisappearingOak wrote:there's an error, or a lack of feature in Cinnamon that prevents me from taking screenshots when any menu or applet is open
So how do you explain that most theme screenshots show an applet popup? :) It works fine, just set the screenshot program with a capture delay (e.g. 5 seconds), show desktop, click applet, wait.
DisappearingOak

bimsebasse wrote:
DisappearingOak wrote:there's an error, or a lack of feature in Cinnamon that prevents me from taking screenshots when any menu or applet is open
So how do you explain that most theme screenshots show an applet popup? :) It works fine, just set the screenshot program with a capture delay (e.g. 5 seconds), show desktop, click applet, wait.
Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that..
Malsasa

Post by Malsasa »

DisappearingOak wrote:
bimsebasse wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that..
Okay... so now, where is your screenshot? :D
DisappearingOak

red.jpg
sea.jpg
Malsasa wrote: Okay... so now, where is your screenshot? :D
there you go
DisappearingOak

Enlightenment e17 like theme.. EBro.
DisappearingOak

How do I get 1.6 certification???

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”