Hello and Salutations

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Michael42
Level 1
Level 1

Hello and Salutations

Post by Michael42 »

Hi All,

New guy from Gulf Breeze, FL, recently moved to Chattanooga, TN.

I'm pretty new to Mint, but have been a nix user for a few years now. I'm one of '"those users"' who have came to Mint from Ubuntu since Gnome2 got dropped on its head. I'm currently a fan of Mint 14.1 Cinnamon 64-bit.

I've been a computer geek since I got my first Commodore64. Have never bought a brand name PC...have always built my own from scratch. Prefer AMD, but liked the Pentium Pro. Was a DOS user for the longest time because I couldn't stand Windows, then became a Windows NT/2000/XP user for the longest time when DOS went by the wayside. Still use Win7 for games 'n such but Linux is really starting to grow on me.

I finally signed up here when I realized I might be able to help a few newbies. I'm still a n00b myself compared to most here, but what the heck. Maybe I can learn some more while talking with the rest of you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello and Salutations

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Ah, nostalgia... I've spent some time eagerly idling next to a Commodore 64, waiting for its tape unit to load a game :lol: Welcome to Linux Mint! Have fun with it :wink:
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day,

welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”