logging into mate desktop, the mate Menu is missing

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kkruecke

logging into mate desktop, the mate Menu is missing

Post by kkruecke »

I installed Linx Mint Cinnamon on my laptop, which looks great. However, when I hook up my older monitor to the laptop, I prefer to log out of Cinnamon and into MATE because my older monitor is easier to read (for me) running MATE with the TradionalOK (Clearlooks) theme. So I installed mate-desktop:

sudo aptitude install mate-desktop

However, the MATE panel doesn't look like the normal MATE panel. It instead looks like the old gnome2 panel, like below. The MATE panel Menu is missing. Anyone know how I can get it back?

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thegreatgazoo

Re: logging into mate desktop, the mate Menu is missing

Post by thegreatgazoo »

Right click on an empty space of the panel until you see the option "add to panel". Type "menu" in the search box. Take a pick from one of the 3 menus provided. Right click on the menu button and select "move" to move the button to wherever you like. You may have to unlock some of the other panel items to be able to move things around.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
kkruecke

Re: logging into mate desktop, the mate Menu is missing

Post by kkruecke »

Yes, it's mintMenu that I wanted. Thanks a lot!

Return to “Installation & Boot”