No Sound Why does it have to be so hard?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JaJaBinks

No Sound Why does it have to be so hard?

Post by JaJaBinks »

Why does it have to be so hard???
For some inexplicable reason my sound has recently disapeared!! No music, no system sounds, nothing.
I have just spent several hours trying to solve the problem with volume control, alsa mixer, etc. I dont have time for this!!
I have been using linux for over eight years and love it, but do not have time to spend hours trying to solve problems. If no one can help with this problem, Im going back to windows.

Also I havent posted for a couple of years, and it took me twenty minutes to find out how to make a post. surely it does not have to be this hard!
my time is too precious
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: No Sound Why does it have to be so hard?

Post by Moonstone Man »

Simple fix... go here:
http://hmpg.net/
menta13

Post by menta13 »

Kadaitcha Man wrote:Simple fix... go here:
http://hmpg.net/
why so impertinent? if it is a fact what the guy said...
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

menta13 wrote:why so impertinent?
You should ask the OP that. People here volunteer their time, yet there he is, rudely asserting his time is precious, as if nobody else's time matters but his. His bad attitude is only encouragement for people to not help him. I, for one, hope he does go back to Windows.
mfluder

Post by mfluder »

This post doesn't sound right. Been using Linux for 8 years, but gonna go back to windows over something like this? You think windows is going to work so much better? I used windows for 18 years. From 3.1 to windows 7. It is a nightmare. Try being patient and solve the problem logically. You are so lucky that you even have an OS like GNU/Linux Mint. Back in the day we had nothing but M$.

Return to “Sound”