Cinnamon clock is stuck

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bberndt

Cinnamon clock is stuck

Post by bberndt »

Is anyone else's clock stuck? Mine will seemingly randomly decide to not move a numbeof hours, and then at some point I'll notice its correct, and then it stays at that time fro another while.

Lets see if I can pull off a screen shot as an attachment...
Untitled.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dsplayname

Re: Cinnamon clock is stuck

Post by dsplayname »

I'm having this problem too. When I log out, the time is correct. When I go to time and date settings, the time is correct. But on the panel, the time is incorrect and doesn't change.

EDIT- I got mine fixed by changing to a standard date format and de-selecting the box for using network time. Don't know if both are necessary(just the de-selection of network time didn't fix it), or if that's even the right way to fix the problem, but it worked for me(using cinnamon 1.3).
bberndt

Post by bberndt »

yeah, I think I fixed mine too. I just changed the date format. No idea if its 'standard', I just changed it to one of the pre-made ones from the link that is in the date and time settings dialog box. And then added day of the week to the front of it... didn't mess with the network time settings, that didn't seem to matter.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

I think it's related to the network time setting of cinnamon / gnome3. IIRC Gnome 3 had the same issue, showing a very different time unless I was connected to internet.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
felenskool

Post by felenskool »

What happens when you guys use %M instead of %m in the format?
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Didn't Cinnamon have %M there by default for the minutes? I have not seen %m in the clock configuration on my Cinnamon systems.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
floodo1

Post by floodo1 »

per the website linked right in Calendar settings: http://www.foragoodstrftime.com/
%m - Month of the year (01..12)
%M - Minute of the hour (00..59)

Return to “Cinnamon”