software manager

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
methodius

software manager

Post by methodius »

Hi everyone,
I have install for the first time ever Linux ( Mint 14 cinammon on hp pavilion dv6) and i can say this...i am impress!!!
After the 2nd time i install from usb i get very stable system, everything sims to work perfect so far only my Software manager freezes sometimes after open.
I have to closed it (forced) 2-3 times before runing someone any idea why?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
methodius

Re: software manager

Post by methodius »

methodius wrote:Hi everyone,
I have install for the first time ever Linux ( Mint 14 cinammon on hp pavilion dv6) and i can say this...i am impress!!!
After the 2nd time i install from usb i get very stable system, everything sims to work perfect so far only my Software manager freezes sometimes after open.
I have to closed it (forced) 2-3 times before runing someone any idea why?
Thanks in advance.
Solved.. software manager and then edit tab and uncheck the search in package summery
transcendev

Post by transcendev »

You may also want to try the Synaptic Package Manager instead of the Mint Software thing... It's a lot faster. Mint's software center is pokey even on my fastest machines.
Zikco

Post by Zikco »

This is a common issue. The software manager starts searching for what ever you've typed into the search box as soon as you've typed it.
And it searches EVERYWHERE in the repositories list, including summaries.

kc1di has a fix that might work in this post in another thread on the same issue: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 74#p684929
For convenience, here's what to do:
kc1di wrote:go to Software manager and then edit tab and uncheck the search in package summery...
Synaptic's better at the job though, although it's not as easy to get into at first.

Have Fun! :)
methodius

Post by methodius »

Indeed Synaptic Package Manager works smoothly thanks guys..

Return to “Beginner Questions”