provide link to download linux mint iso

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jeni

provide link to download linux mint iso

Post by jeni »

Hi,

I was trying to download linux mint iso file but i could only find winrar file. In some websites i found iso file but when i downloaded it, it is incomplete.
I am currently using ubuntu 12.10. I want to switch over to linux mint. i really like this but still struggling to get the iso file.
could anyone please post me the url where i can get the iso file. i even downloaded from official website but it is a windows installer.
and i tried downloading from linuxfreedom and softpedia both provided incomplete downloads
so, please provide me a link
Thanks in advance.. waiting for ur replies
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: provide link to download linux mint iso

Post by xenopeek »

Well, if you go to linuxmint.com and click on Download, you can pretty much not miss it :wink: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
jeni

Post by jeni »

thanks for ur reply. As i said i have already tried this official website. when i download it , it is a winrar file not iso.
Please provide me link to download iso file.
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

Click the link "xenopeek" gave you.
Go down the page to "Download links" section
Next to the version you choose - mate or cinnamon etc., click on "32-bit" or "64-bit"
It will take you to that version's page
go to "Primary download mirrors" section
click on (for example) "University of Kent UK Mirror Service" - a link to an .iso file pops up:
direct link to .iso file.png
Go ahead and save the file.

Here is a direct link:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/www. ... stable/14/
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

The download is an ISO file, an archive of files fit for burning to DVD or putting on a USB stick. WinRAR can open various archives, among them ISO files. As caribriz shares, make sure you download the file and not select to open it--as that will make WinRAR open the file and this may confuse you :wink:
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

xenopeek wrote:The download is an ISO file, an archive of files fit for burning to DVD or putting on a USB stick. WinRAR can open various archives, ...
I suspect you have told winrar to associate iso's in the past.

Donot open it. You need to burn the ISO to dvd to make a live dvd ( or to a usb)

See my sig for the usb bit
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

jeni,
see this topic >>> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=121546 (i believe it's a similar situation)
jeni

Post by jeni »

Thanks for your replies.
still i face the same issues. If i download it from a windows machine, i can download it in winrar option.
so i downloaded from my ubuntu, here i was able to download the same link as iso file. but after burning it to dvd and pen drive, i was not able to boot it showed boot error.

i bought dell inspiron 5520 few days back, which had ubuntu11.x. In that wifi was working fine but i was not able to download and install any softwares, so i downloaded ubuntu12.10 and installed it. In this version, wifi was not working but all other softwares were working fine. I tried all possibilities but couldn't fix it. so at last i thought of downloading linux mint and i faced these issues. And now at last i have given my system to install windows.

I really wanted to have linux os :(
I have got a linux mint windows installer so planning to have a dual boot.
Does dual boot has performance issues?

Return to “Installation & Boot”