Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon

Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Postby rtX on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 am

Is it possible to put different desktop wallpapers on each screen on a multi-screen set up?

I'm running Maya with Cinnamon that comes as standard (1.4, I think?).
rtX
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Postby Graywolf on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Apparently MINT, Cinnamon doesn't support having two backgrounds, wallpapers with two or more monitors, WHY? Shame really, as far as I can see its the only thing that lets Cinnamon down.
I use DisplayFusion with my Windows 8 machine and I gladly pay for this software - this software supports a number of monitors with different wallpapers on each. I have contacted DisplayFusion and there doesn't appear to be a commintment for Linux.
My MACs support different wallpapers off the shelf. So does KDE which I used to use, but I much prefer Cinnamon. I know I could revert back to KDE, but why should I leave a better environment.
In some respects I understand the developers of Cinnamon not taking on the task, perhaps they're happy with one monitor or the same image on both.
Graham Jappé
Graywolf
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Postby d00med on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Gnome has never had support for it, and any inquiry into it inevitably leads to a discussion on why anyone would need wallpapers in the first place. Supposedly, it can be done with Nitrogen, an image browser / wallpaper changer, but I didn't get it to work in Gnome2. It's in the repositories. I *think* you also have to use spanned in Cinnamon's options.
d00med
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Cinnamon