Restart

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yuuzaneim

Restart

Post by yuuzaneim »

I screwed up somewhere while installing Nvidia drivers , and now my resolution is set to 640*480. Is there anyway to restore the computer an early point before I tried to install the Nvidia drivers, or someway to delete all the data/configurations I made after the installation of Linux mint 14?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Restart

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

You can locate the name of drivers and using the package manager delete the drivers.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
yuuzaneim

Post by yuuzaneim »

I tried using the package manager but there was ~40 different things pertaining to nvidia and no apparent way to remove any particular one.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

You remove items by right clicking and choosing mark for removal. If yo choose mark for complete removal it will remove all packages associated with it. I didn't install any drivers on my system (Mint 13 MATE) I have installed:

X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver 1:0.0.16(precise)
nvidia-common 1:0.2.44.2

Using this as a guide maybe removing nvidia-current’, 'nvidia-current-modaliases’, and ‘nvidia-settings’ will work. I'm not sure though try at your own risk.
http://mintnext.blogspot.com/2012/10/in ... ivers.html
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “Beginner Questions”