[SOLVED] yoono-desktop not working on Mint 14

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mikicat

[SOLVED] yoono-desktop not working on Mint 14

Post by mikicat »

Hi all!!! I'm a absolute newbie so please forgive me if my question is too dumb :P Ok, the thing is that I'm trying to run yoono-desktop in my laptop/Mint 14, but I can't get the executable to work, even with root privileges. The weird thing is that when I ran the exec from the terminal it gives me the message: bash: exec: yoono-desktop: not found!!! Please any help will be appreciated
Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CupOfCoffee

Re: yoono-desktop not working on Mint 14

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Wait-do you mean a DOS executable file (.exe)? :o I think you need to get Wine http://www.winehq.org/download/ or a program that can support DOS/WIndows executables. Is this "yoono" file on your desktop? You may need to enter the location that leads to the file. Don't forget that I am a beginner too, and that you may need to search online for help on this. You could also try opening it from a file manager. :wink:
mikicat

Post by mikicat »

Thank you CupOfCoffee, the executable is not an .exe file, I downloaded the linux version from yoono's website, I do not know what extension it has, but it is recognized as executable (I looked at the Properties of the file in Dolphin). I placed the yoono-desktop folder almost everywhere and it still does not work. I've been googling this for 3 days :( I'm getting tired... I think I'm going to give up
nomko

Post by nomko »

What you have downloaded is a .tar.bz2 file, also called a tarball. This is a compressed file which needs to be unzipped and installed manually. You can right click on the file and select "Unzip here" in the pop-up menu. It will create a new directory and in this directory you find a file called yoono-desktop. This file can be normally executed. I just downloaded the file myself and it seems that it doesn't need to be installed. At least for Linux...

The screenshot shows the content of the folder.
mikicat

Post by mikicat »

Thank you nomko! I did the same thing but nothing happens. I have Linux Mint 14, I can see you have Ubuntu??? I am wondering if it has something to do with the executable, it can run in ubuntu but it has some issues with mint 14?!?
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

mikicat wrote:Thank you nomko! I did the same thing but nothing happens. I have Linux Mint 14, I can see you have Ubuntu??? I am wondering if it has something to do with the executable, it can run in ubuntu but it has some issues with mint 14?!?

Just download it,no problem on mint 13. Maybe you need to change permissions and allow it to executed by right click>properties>Permissions> make sure you check the box that says allow executing file as program.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
nomko

Post by nomko »

mikicat wrote:Thank you nomko! I did the same thing but nothing happens. I have Linux Mint 14, I can see you have Ubuntu??? I am wondering if it has something to do with the executable, it can run in ubuntu but it has some issues with mint 14?!?
I have Mint 14 + Cinnamon. And you probably should set the permissions right like TheDynamicHamza21 said.
mikicat

Post by mikicat »

Hi! Thanx for the answers. Yes I have all permissions set to ownership. Today I downloaded it again and the version changes from 8.32 to 9.08 but I still have the same issue :'( I'm using Mint 14 KDE. I'm using the Chrome floating extension for now but is not the same thing, no pop up or sound notifications :| not the same at all.

mikicat

Post by mikicat »

HEY!!! SOLVED!!! it was my 64 bits machine!!! It works flawless after installing ia32-libs!!! (btw it was just luck, I installed the ia32-libs so I can get Android SDK to work LOL) Thank you nomko, CupOfCoffee and TheDynamicHamza21!!!
Regards,
miki
CupOfCoffee

Re: [SOLVED] yoono-desktop not working on Mint 14

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Yay! Happy to see that it's working for you! :D

Return to “Software & Applications”