Logitech Wireless Mouse M180

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dkeranen

Logitech Wireless Mouse M180

Post by dkeranen »

Hi
I am using a Dell E6430 with mint 14, 64 bit and cannot seem to get my Logitech wireless M180 mouse working what is the trick to this ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Logitech Wireless Mouse M180

Post by viking777 »

You unplug the wireless receiver and then plug it in again - no it isn't a joke from "The IT crowd", I am being serious.
dkeranen

Post by dkeranen »

Sorry been there done that. changed the batt. in mouse. did a cold boot with receiver in, restarted with receiver in. id this with all three usb ports. I when even as far as trying the mouse on a windows machine and it works fine. Also when I got the note book new it came with windows I used the same mouse and it worked fine, I also tried the same type of mouse from my wifes pc with the same steps and no-go
viking777

Post by viking777 »

OK you seem to have thought of all that (although that technique always works for me when my wireless mouse stops working). Another question is this - do you use wireless for anything else (like internet for example) and if you do, does that work properly? Just wondering if you have wireless blocked. You could have a look at the output of

Code: Select all

rfkill list
dkeranen

Post by dkeranen »

Yes I use WLAN and that works great. it´s just this no good Rodent I am stumped I plug in a usb mouse and ok but wireless is a no - go maybe I not using the right cheese
greenwapiti

Post by greenwapiti »

Same issue here, although it wasn't an issue in any ealier version of Mint or Ubunutu that I've tried. Mint 14 64-bit install on an ASUS N56V series laptop isn't recognizing my Logitech M705. Dual booting with Win7 (for Quickbooks use), and my Win7 side does fine with it on the same laptop, so i know all the hardware parts work. Also tried all of the unplug and plug, reboot, turn mouse itself off and on, replace batteries type of steps. Anyone have a suggestion?
greenwapiti

Post by greenwapiti »

I've been able to get my Logitech wireless mouse working, but only after multiple times plugging in and unplugging the wireless usb receiver while using the lsusb command to list the usb devices present after each step. Whether the wireless receiver and mouse start working does not seem dependent upon whether the receiver is listed (it is always listed when it's plugged in, but that doesn't mean the mouse will work). While I can't see how lsusb is helping in any way, simply unplugging and plugging in the receiver hasn't worked, so I'm hitting the terminal, listing, unplugging, listing, plugging, etc., until success.
greenwapiti

Post by greenwapiti »

Did a bit more research and found that there is a bug report for this at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1006145 with a workaround that helped a few users. Haven't been able to try the workaround on my Mint install yet.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Just chiming in was concerned about going wireless & Logitech as such varying results of success & failure.
Depending on model. So did some reading on amazon reviewers that gave experiences of use with linux.

Settled on M510 and went and picked one up. Plugged in works flawlessly Mint 14 Cinnamon,KDE,Ubuntu 12.10 .
Paid $20 at Office Depot for headache & workarounds issues free.

Good luck and hope a solution becomes available.
greenwapiti

Post by greenwapiti »

Orbmiser wrote:(SNIP) Settled on M510 and went and picked one up. Plugged in works flawlessly Mint 14 Cinnamon,KDE,Ubuntu 12.10 .
Paid $20 at Office Depot for headache & workarounds issues free.

Good luck and hope a solution becomes available.
Thanks for the information on that Orbmiser! If I can't get an elegant solution for my M705 soon, I might plunk down $20 to see if that takes care of my issue...

Return to “Hardware Support”