I'd forgotten how awful it was.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nathanjh13
Level 3
Level 3

I'd forgotten how awful it was.

Post by nathanjh13 »

I've been a mint user since mint 8 and last night i was reminded why i took the plunge.

Standalone install, no internet. Having to use Revit means I've no choice but to use windows. Took linux off to install windows 7 native then put linux back on dual boot. Took ages to install. vga awful resolution. Put drivers on for motherboard and just as bad, so revit to run lousy and look terrible and ati's own app won't even open. Some hardware not detected and software used instead so even slower. Can't open any documents as no office comes with it. Can't even open pdfs out of the box. Decided to stream some music whilst sorting it out. Media player doesn't recognise flac. Searched for music as m4a files ripped too and it doesn't recognise those either. A totally useless setup that can't even handle basic tasks without driver searching, application installs and endless popups about anti virus software and windows update. Evening wasted.

Linux alongside. Five min install. Perfect display. Streamed all files. Even exports native to pdf in libre office. No popups. No virus. Windows removed.

Will use revit in virtualbox i suppose but like many, id pay double for a revit release that didn't put me through that.

Onwards and sidewards.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Re: I'd forgotten how awful it was.

Post by raymerjacque »

lol, feel your pain, wasted many a nights like that ...
annadaprasad

Post by annadaprasad »

I was also once a Windows user. I made a switch to MintOS and now I'm wondering how did I ever survive in Windows for so many years. No worries. Absolute peace of mind.
nathanjh13
Level 3
Level 3

Post by nathanjh13 »

This was Windows Ultimate too.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”