Touchpad Scroll on Lenovo x 300 not working anymore

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
majoritywhip

Touchpad Scroll on Lenovo x 300 not working anymore

Post by majoritywhip »

I have a lenovo x300 with Mint 13/MATE. I upgraded from Mint 10 (clean install) and the scroll feature on the trackpad doesn't work anymore. I've performed a dist-upgrade. It's coming up as a Generic PS2-mouse when I think it should be a Synaptics. I do not have a Touchpad section in my mouse settings. I installed gpointing-device-settings, but it doesn't do anything.

Part of me thinks it's a Gnome 2.6 ---> MATE problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaskedMarauder

Re: Touchpad Scroll on Lenovo x 300 not working anymore

Post by MaskedMarauder »

FWIW I went from mint mate 13 -> 14 and lost the touchpad on my lenovo t420. dead as a door nail.

the top 3 mouse buttons on the touchpad work OK, but the pad and the lower two buttons don't do anything anymore. according to the config tool all's well, but the tool is deluded.
majoritywhip

Re: Touchpad Scroll on Lenovo x 300 not working anymore

Post by majoritywhip »

thanks for the reply. I've had the machine out on loan for a few months and haven't been able to address the problem. I was going to upgrade to 14 and see if it solved the problem, but given your report I will hesistate. thanks again.

Return to “Hardware Support”