linux mint debian update

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

linux mint debian update

Postby snodgrss1984 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 am

for some reason linux mint debian main edition will not update and fails to fetch files from server .. what can i do to make the updates download or do i wait till its fixed
snodgrss1984
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: linux mint debian update

Postby meteorrock on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 am

Did you try to connect to a different server to do your apt-get update? You can find that option in your synaptic package manager on linux mint to choose a different server. By default it is a server from the east side of the USA. If you are living far from the east side you could try to change servers in there. There is a GUI front option on that manager to change the servers from where the apt-get fetches information.
meteorrock
Level 3
Level 3

Re: linux mint debian update

Postby snodgrss1984 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:46 am

i waited it out and restarted system and it finally worked but i will save this page for future reference thank you so much
snodgrss1984
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions