Any way to restore original graphics setting ?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Any way to restore original graphics setting ?

Postby soup2511 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Hello .. Is there any way to revert to the original graphics settings (as of a fresh install) ?
HP dv6-6155tx
Intel core i5-2430M @ 2.4 GHz
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM / 750GB HDD
Intel HD3000 / ATI Radeon 6490M 1GB
soup2511
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Any way to restore original graphics setting ?

Postby DrHu on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:49 pm

If you haven't changed the default desktop theme by editing (and the saved it as default), you could select it again..

Or you should be able to reinstall the desktop theme or the desktop to reset the standard (default settings), or you could check your profile under /home (a hidden file, dot ( . )) and check its contents to see what is being loaded: which would give you the likely names for items, desktop, theme etc..
    mate or cinnamon is the desktop system name(s)
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content ... mize-Theme

You may want to save your whole /home directory(folder) including hidden (. dot files, can be shown with the file manager) in order not to lose any item(s) you may want to retrieve again..
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Any way to restore original graphics setting ?

Postby soup2511 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm

DrHu wrote:If you haven't changed the default desktop theme by editing (and the saved it as default), you could select it again..

Or you should be able to reinstall the desktop theme or the desktop to reset the standard (default settings), or you could check your profile under /home (a hidden file, dot ( . )) and check its contents to see what is being loaded: which would give you the likely names for items, desktop, theme etc..
    mate or cinnamon is the desktop system name(s)
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content ... mize-Theme

You may want to save your whole /home directory(folder) including hidden (. dot files, can be shown with the file manager) in order not to lose any item(s) you may want to retrieve again..

I didnt mean that .... I meant drivers and stuff ....
HP dv6-6155tx
Intel core i5-2430M @ 2.4 GHz
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM / 750GB HDD
Intel HD3000 / ATI Radeon 6490M 1GB
soup2511
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions