Mint 13 installation stops after the second screen [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ocean

Mint 13 installation stops after the second screen [SOLVED]

Post by Ocean »

Attention I used an automatic translator. :oops:

I have tried installing from burned DVD before Linux Mint 13 Maya LTS Cinnamon, then Mate, but always with the same result.

At the second screen of the installation where he explains how much disk space I need together the internet connection , after having clicked on "continue" everything stops, with the graphical interface replaced by something gray and irregular horizontal lines, or the following screen appears:

I can't really install Linux?

P.S. DVD in Live worked fine

Thank you, Ciao.

Who wants me to answer please use simple words for translation. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mint 13 installation stops after the second screen

Post by jungle_boy »

I had the same problem with LM13 on my laptop (see my signature), I tried Linux Mint 14 and works fine.

Try Linux Mint 14 (mate or cinnamon).

Whats your mother language?

Don't forget to check md5sum of downloaded iso image
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

I am Italian, from Milan.

Thanks, you give me some hope because I would just install Cinnamon as first choice or Mate on my laptop.

I try with Mint Cinnamon 14 :D , but before I was just trying to inform me, and I read on a site that happened to me with the screen posted above could be caused by the fact that I had previously prepared 3 partitions for Linux already formatted in ext4 on my HD, is plausible?

Ciao
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Everything went well with Mint 14 Cinnamon, thanks.

Just a strange thing at the end of the installation procedure, after displaying a special graphic effect tells me that "the installer crashed" :shock: but I believe that installation was already over, in fact after restarting are here on Linux 14 and for now it seems everything OK.

Perhaps she meant that crashed the spectacular visualization, and this I can understand seeing as my laptop is not young.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Ocean wrote:
and I read on a site that happened to me with the screen posted above could be caused by the fact that I had previously prepared 3 partitions for Linux already formatted in ext4 on my HD, is plausible?

Ciao
Not true.
Ocean wrote: Just a strange thing at the end of the installation procedure, after displaying a special graphic effect tells me that "the installer crashed" :shock: but I believe that installation was already over, in fact after restarting are here on Linux 14 and for now it seems everything OK.
LM 13 is more stable than LM14; Cinnamon is still under development.
Last edited by jungle_boy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
Ocean

Re: Mint 13 installation stops after the second screen [SOLV

Post by Ocean »

OK, one last thing I want to know: I have installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 14 alongside Win XP and it is ok, but what do the last two lines of the Grub?

Why refer to Linux Mint 13?

Ciao
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Ocean wrote:OK, one last thing I want to know: I have installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 14 alongside Win XP and it is ok, but what do the last two lines of the Grub?

Code: Select all

sudo update-grub
Se le voci rimangono allora forse Mint 13 è ancora installato.

Ho usato un traduttore troppo :mrgreen:
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

But I never installed Mint 13, as I said in the first post the various attempts stopped the second installation screen :shock:

It is possible this thing?

I will try the code.

Excellent Italian, you can be your mother tongue :mrgreen:
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

In your first post you said that you tried to install LM13, so are these entries.

If you want, you can customize your grub.

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
LM 21 Cinnamon
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Very nice jungle_boy.
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Maybe I understand the fact that Linux 13 is present in Grub.

In a couple of failed attempts at installing Linux 13 has not appeared the bug screen, but the screen has become foggy ... ... ... ... ... ... I tried to click too is the install DVD has started to turn for a while, until I had to turn off the laptop.

Pretty much I think he installed something on a disk partition that I had not yet allocated, in fact I realized in Win XP that the unallocated partition became logic :shock:

So I guess there will be no problems, when with GParted I will delete and reallocate that partition.
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

With Grub Customizer you can use any image file format and weight?
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Yes.

Try it, it is good.
LM 21 Cinnamon
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

I tried it with a jpg of 326KB with 16 million colors to 24 bit and Grub Customizer in the preview shows the image, but in reality it doesn't work, where I'm wrong?

Ciao
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Likely to know what image takes Grub you should know my notebook information in VGA mode, such as resolution and color depth are possible.

It is possible to obtain this data in any way?

Return to “Installation & Boot”