[Solved]Stacked taskbar bug

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neji49

[Solved]Stacked taskbar bug

Post by neji49 »

I have been using cinnamon and randomly this new bu appears. The taskbar is stacked on top of itself. I've attatched a screenshot. I'm not sure what other information would be useful. I use a dual monitor configuration but this problem has never arisen. The only software change I did was replace my cuda headers with opencl ones in synaptic(at least I think), but I've reverted that and it causes no change. I've reset cinnamon using the gsettings command. I've also tried switching to a different window manager(MATE), but this ends up having no change at all. So the problem might be deeper, but I'm not sure. Is there any other information that would be useful?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Stacked taskbar bug

Post by catweazel »

neji49 wrote:I have been using cinnamon and randomly this new bu appears. The taskbar is stacked on top of itself.
You've installed proprietary video drivers without first removing the default open source drivers.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
neji49

Re: [Solved]Stacked taskbar bug

Post by neji49 »

Thanks, I ended up purging nvidia and that solved it. I guess when I tried installing the CUDA headers it installed them(I have an ATI card), and that probably caused the issue.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: [Solved]Stacked taskbar bug

Post by catweazel »

neji49 wrote:Thanks
Cheers.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Cinnamon”