Invalid Format problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Shepard-Commander

Invalid Format problem

Post by Shepard-Commander »

I am not sure if this is the right section for this but here it goes:
By the way this is my first time using linux witch makes me a total noob
I downloaded the 64bit iso of linux mint-kde,mounted it on daemon tools(don't have a blank cd right now) and proceeded to install it on one of my hdds(it's 160Gigs and completely empty)After rebooting to finalize the installation,my lg tv shows a blank screen and a message saying "invalid format".Obviously the installation cannot continue so my computer just restarts.
Note than i am able to boot into windows 7 just fine.
My specs are way above the required so that's can't be what's causing it.
Also note that i have two 680s in sli and i have already tried removing the second card but the same issue still happens.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Invalid Format problem

Post by Orbmiser »

"I downloaded the 64bit iso of linux mint-kde,mounted it on daemon tools(don't have a blank cd right now)"
That is what's causing it. You Cannot mount the iso within Windows using daemon tools and install.
You have to have a medium like DVD or usb key to do the install.
Shepard-Commander

Re: Invalid Format problem

Post by Shepard-Commander »

Well i just created a bootable usb drive with linux it and guess what the same things happens.
I cannot continue the installation because my tv shows the invalid format error.

Return to “Installation & Boot”