kdeinit4 segfault when logging in through rdp, then works

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

kdeinit4 segfault when logging in through rdp, then works

Postby hwyhobo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm

I have downloaded and installed the latest Mint 14 KDE as a VM on VMware. Everything seems to be working fine, except when users rdp to it via xrdp, KDE Crash Handler pops up with segmentation fault (I tried and failed to install debug symbols, so not a lot more information beyond that). However, everything seems to be working just dandy. rdp works. I have scoured the net, did not find anything exactly specific on the subject. I have found a variable KDE_DEBUG that I can stick somewhere to disable the crash handler, but despite my efforts I can't find a file I can place it in (net notes point to files that do not exist on my system).

I am trying to use KDE because it appears a bit friendlier and more familiar to casual Windows users than other Window managers, and I cannot force them to install VNC or FreeNX on their laptops, hence xrdp.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it properly, or if not, where to put that variable to shut it up?

EDIT: I have found the startkde file and managed to shut up the crash handler. Still, if anyone has an idea what what causing it, I will appreciate it.
hwyhobo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to KDE