No response to Postings

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flnx

No response to Postings

Post by flnx »

I have posted several questions in Install-Boot as well as in Software. I have been waiting for a long time (weeks) for replies. I notice other posting before and after mine who are getting replies. Either I am not posting correctly or I am way at the end of the line. Please tell me what I have't or have to do according to the rules in order to be responed to. My handle is "flnx" Thanks for taking the time to reply to this post. My system is Mint 14 under cinnomond OS using both Desktip-Mint and Netbook Ubuntu. Thanks for a helping hand.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
robw

Re: No response to Postings

Post by robw »

Hi Finx,

I've not seen any of your posts so can only reply in a general sense. However, the mistake most people fall into is in not giving enough information when they post,
. There are a zillion different hardware and software combinations out there and without enough information, it's impossible to reply usefully and I guess people might be skipping to an easier to understand problem - I don't know. Try to think about what someone might ask you if you posed a question. Eg "my graphics card doesn't work" - what card is it? How much RAM? Have you tried... etc. My advice would be to have a read of the 'before you post read this' post near the top of the lists in these forums and take on board how much information people will need.

Lastly, having not seen your posts, I'm sure you were polite! People here are volunteer helpers so are usually keen to help if someone is obviously keen to learn.

I'm getting rather close to being patronising here and I dont mean to. Try your posts again. This is a helpful community and I'm surprised noone has got back to you. All the best.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Well, I did have a look at your posts and all except one have a number of replies. That doesn't seem so bad? I've added an answer on your topic with the Software Manager freeze, as none seemed to have provided that tidbit of information yet.

But yes, some questions are easier to answer than others and so might get an answer faster. Or the few people that may know the answer to your question may have missed your post, in the pile of new posts that arrive here each day. If after 48 hours you have not received a reply, you can bump your post to put it on top of the pile again so it gets renewed visibility. See the "how to get help" post (http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444) for how to bump, and other tips for getting help. Also conveniently linked from the top of this page.

And for some problems, there may just not be anybody here that knows a solution to your problem. For example, from your post http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 08#p682108, I have no clue what efax-gtk is or does. That doesn't mean somebody else doesn't, but it sounds like it is something for faxing which perhaps not many people do. BTW, you might improve readability of such posts by putting terminal output inside code tags (see the code button at the top of the text field when editing a post).
flnx

Post by flnx »

Here is the efax-gtk post I sent in quiet a while ago and still has not been answered. I know you have various levels of wizards there at the forums. There are a lot of users, that utilizes the efax apps. and need to communicate via a modem (external or internal). I am using a usb roboticst 5637 one whch is already recognized by Ubuntu and Mint. I do not therefore understand why it is a issue running it in conjuction with Libfreoffice and efax. My efax Post under the handle of flnx were issued on 2/01/213 and 2/02/2023 (could not find a post # or id for them) and no replies so far. My first post which you found, was answered but not fulfilled. So I did it another way, by voiding the partitions for Mint and then re-installing Mint. Let me know how to proceed from here and thanks for your help, flnx
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

flnx wrote:Here is the efax-gtk post I sent in quiet a while ago and still has not been answered...
Then you keep searching and bump your post once in a while. There was a linked posted in your efax-gtk thread. Did you look it up?

Return to “Beginner Questions”