wifi connection after waking up

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
agaseman

wifi connection after waking up

Post by agaseman »

Hi Friends,

I have recently installed Mint KDE on Dell XPS-9000 desktop, everything works nicely including wireless adaptor but wifi connection always drops after waking up the Dell from sleep !!
any help/comment will be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CupOfCoffee

Re: wifi connection after waking up

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Didi you try reconnecting to the network after you "woke" your computer up? :|

I don't exactly understand this problem you are having...
agaseman

Post by agaseman »

when I wake the computer up, I do not have the wireless icon in the panel, computer does not see any of the networks. When I search the panel, I can only see the internet/network setting but I can't establish the connection. If I restart the computer, it detects and connects to my wifi automatically.

thanks
CupOfCoffee

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Man, that is weird... :shock: I was searching and I found a post by Clem in the wireless section. (http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1085)

Could you probably try looking at the post and following the instructions? Again, I am new and I hope that someone will help you... maybe one of the mods or something... :( Don't really know what to say...
agaseman

Post by agaseman »

Hi,

I changed the desktop USB wireless adaptor and problem solved!! I will try to learn how to fix the problems with that adaptor (driver problems...). I read the comments you suggested.

thanks
CupOfCoffee

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Hey again, since this topic has been solved, could you put "[SOLVED]" at the top of the page? It will help quite a bit! :wink:
agaseman

Post by agaseman »

where exactly? forgive my ignorance !

Return to “Software & Applications”