disable the panel?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jonass

disable the panel?

Post by jonass »

I can't seem to find any information that is up to date on this. I am running mint 14 cinnamon and set up cairo dock and would like to disable the default gnome/cinnamon panel. I looked for it in gconf-editor but couldn't seem to find it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: disable the panel?

Post by viking777 »

Maybe only a workround this, but I think it will do what you want. Go to Cinnamon Settings>Panel. Check the boxes for "Use customised panel size" and "Allow Cinnamon to scale panel text .........." then change the panel height to zero. Click the "Panel edit mode" box to see the effect (switch off the edit mode before leaving the dialog box).
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Or find the name of the panel executable* and rename it.

*This will probably do it (On xfce it's called xfce4-panel) :
$ ps -ef | grep panel
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
jonass

Post by jonass »

I tried to find the panel in gconf-editor and in system monitor but wasn't able to locate it, nothing that was called panel. However I did edit the panel settings so it is on top with a custom size of 0 and a show delay of 800milliseconds and that is working for now, good idea viking.

Return to “Beginner Questions”