Not Letting Me Boot From Disc

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JMerithew

Not Letting Me Boot From Disc

Post by JMerithew »

Ok, so I just received my new Laptop. It's a Lenovo G780. I'm trying to install Linux for the first time, but no matter I do it's not letting me boot from the disc. The option isn't appearing at all. I even installed the Linux Mint boot assist, or whatever that tool on the disc is. I was out of DVD-Rs when I burned my copy of Mint, would using a DVD-RW cause an issue like this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JMerithew

Re: Not Letting Me Boot From Disc

Post by JMerithew »

Solved, sorry. First Windows 8 PC I've used, wasn't aware of the secure boot mess
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

post back - should you be able to get "the thing to work"

there a wealth of info, that you can look into, - should you want to 'try your luck'.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
JMerithew

Post by JMerithew »

Pierre wrote:post back - should you be able to get "the thing to work"

there a wealth of info, that you can look into, - should you want to 'try your luck'.
Oh I got it to work once I figured out it was related to Win8, I thought it was an issue with my disc at first, but once I saw that you need to change the UEFI settings it worked like a charm. I didn't know Windows 8 made you do that.

Return to “Installation & Boot”