[SOLVED] How to install 32 bit application ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fra

[SOLVED] How to install 32 bit application ?

Post by Fra »

Hi guys !

I use the 64 bit version of linux mint. I've just discovered that there is a problem of compatibility with the 32 bit application such as Skype. I really need to install skype though! Can you help me, please, to solve the issue with all the 32 bit application once for all ?

Thanks.

Fra
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How to install 32 bit application ?

Post by xenopeek »

Depends of your version of Linux Mint, but for most recent versions you would install the package ia32-libs-multiarch to get also 32 bit versions of system libraries installed on your computer. Multiarch aware 32 bit programs will then be able to run on your 64 bit installation.
Fra

Post by Fra »

xenopeek wrote:Depends of your version of Linux Mint, but for most recent versions you would install the package ia32-libs-multiarch to get also 32 bit versions of system libraries installed on your computer. Multiarch aware 32 bit programs will then be able to run on your 64 bit installation.
Thanks for helping me. I have got Mint 14 Nadia 64 bit. How do I install the Multiarch ?

f
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

xenopeek wrote:you would install the package ia32-libs-multiarch
If you don't know how to install packages, perhaps this topic will help: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=97158
Fra

Post by Fra »

xenopeek wrote:
xenopeek wrote:you would install the package ia32-libs-multiarch
If you don't know how to install packages, perhaps this topic will help: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=97158

Yes, I am new to Linux. I will read that thread and find my way ! :D

Thanks

f
Fra

Post by Fra »

An application in the software manager ?! :shock: That is terrific ! Great !
:shock:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”