Big bug with shutdown

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
davidMint
Level 1
Level 1

Big bug with shutdown

Post by davidMint »

I have a fresh install of Linux Mint KDE 14.
My first surprise is that I can not simply shutdown the system by clicking on the button "power off" : I have just two option : "suspend to RAM" or "suspend to disk". But where is the normal shutdown !?!

And the bug is : when I choose "shutdown" and wait the countdown, then it stops and never power on at all (neither the Bios is unreachable !). I fix temporary the problem when I put off the RAM and put it again...

So now I have to open a terminal and write shutdown -h now" to power off.

What can I do ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Armstrong
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Big bug with shutdown

Post by Armstrong »

I just upgraded from Mint 13 KDE to Mint 14 KDE, and I am getting the same thing two boxes [Suspend to Ram and Suspend to Disc]. At this time, I am simply letting the timer count down to "0", at which point the system does shut down. Hopefully, someone will post a fix for this soon.
Slainte,
Hunter
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

a (not great, but servicable) fix to try is just make an executable file with the shutdown command in it.
davidMint
Level 1
Level 1

Post by davidMint »

bigj231 wrote:a (not great, but servicable) fix to try is just make an executable file with the shutdown command in it.
I will try but the shutdown command has to be launch as do: then what can I write ?

Return to “Software & Applications”