World of Warcraft - Updating

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nikoc1337

World of Warcraft - Updating

Post by nikoc1337 »

Hey there. I have been using linux for about a month as main OS on my computer (I have been windows user for long time). Im trying to run World of Warcraft game and whenever i try to run launcher.exe or WoW.exe it just stucks on updating. Im using Nadia.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
justy39

Re: World of Warcraft - Updating

Post by justy39 »

It's because it's missing agent.exe... It can be ran from terminal. Playonlinux has info on how to install it.
justy39

Post by justy39 »

Blizzard is now secretly working on a world of warcraft linux client. Because of steam and a few other's took this role. Activison felt, they would lose footing in the gaming market. Blizzard has used linux in the past for testing, but never thought of it being popular enough to really put out there. Today, they using unix servers and even office machines which use a unix based os. Mostly because it's cheaper to operate. It only makes sense for them to start using linux in almost everything they do including games.
LinuxGamer2013

Post by LinuxGamer2013 »

justy39 wrote:Blizzard is now secretly working on a world of warcraft linux client. Because of steam and a few other's took this role. Activison felt, they would lose footing in the gaming market. Blizzard has used linux in the past for testing, but never thought of it being popular enough to really put out there. Today, they using unix servers and even office machines which use a unix based os. Mostly because it's cheaper to operate. It only makes sense for them to start using linux in almost everything they do including games.
wait what unix? Blizzard been using Linux for its Servers for many many years Unix is not Linux.
Linux is Unix Based
justy39

Post by justy39 »

I should reword that. They use some linux, and 2 unix servers. The voice servers and remote text (cellphone, armory) is unix. While game play server is linux. Most of the game it's self if edited on linux. From what I hear, activison is also working on some native linux games. One of the games mentioned was COD.

Return to “Gaming”