VPN Connection Issue

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
evolver

VPN Connection Issue

Post by evolver »

I have a couple of VPN connections that I use from time to time, one is via OpenVPN and the other is PPNP. They were working fine one moment, then the next time I used them about a week later, no internet connection. The OpenVPN connection does actually still connect to the VPN server and the padlock appears, but no internet is available. The PPNP connectoin doesnt even connect to the VPN server anymore. Have checked with the service provider and they cant help me saying it's a problem my end. Don't know what I've done to mess things up, or how I can resolve the problem...

Please help!!

Using Linux Mint Maya 13 KDE, Happy to post logs etc., but not sure which ones to post, or how to access them... please advise!!

Thanks,

Adam
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
badgerclan

Re: VPN Connection Issue

Post by badgerclan »

Try replacing the domain name with the actual IP address for the connecting server. Sometimes it's a DNS issue with your DSL supplier. Always check your logs.

Return to “Networking”