I am impressed!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
barmosen

I am impressed!!

Post by barmosen »

Dear Linux Team and all users.....
I am a kind of superuser with in Windows due to my line of business. I have during the years had Linux in my mind but as time went by it only remained in my mind... :( - thoughts like ,..ARGH it only for hardcore geeks and so....BUT this week i had a vacation the weather was bad nothing planed for the hole week ....so i did it....I found a and created a ISO with Linus Mint, i formated a IBM T400 laptop and with in 2 hours from start i whas online with my mail!!!! surfing on WWW!!!!.
:o :lol: Again for the record: I am impressed!!
I must say, it cowers all needs within office use, from emailing over Power Points, handling your pictures to write a MOM ( minutes of meeting) to calculate in libre Calc WOW after some nights in this surroundings i haven't found anything not good i haven't had ONE singel crash, i have implementet and started Steam for my soon, there are something related to the pc but not Linux.......from now on i am a LINUX USER...i need some skills, but do to my knowledge within WIN DOS, and all the helps and the Forums, Communitys i am confidence that this will be no problem!!!
Linux greetings barmosen (Jens from DK)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: I am impressed!!

Post by Orbmiser »

Welcome and glad you had a positive experience and is covering your needs.
d00med

Post by d00med »

Congrats barmosen! :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

this is quite a common response from M$ users once they can get their heads around the differences, Unfortunately there are many thousands of them out there who are too scared [or put off by others] to try.

wizard
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Nice to see another Widows user discovering Linux! :D I have run Linux for so long that I could not imagine running anything else. In my opinion, these are the most exciting times I have ever seen in Linux development. Real games coming to Linux, new desktop environments being introduced, manufacturers and game developers working with Linux developers and new software being built to bridge the gaps, it's great! I am seeing people that I thought would never consider running Linux embracing it and enjoying it. These are really good times! :D
barmosen

Post by barmosen »

THX for your comments...i have some thing to learn in this, for me new environment...but i like the Community and Forums, in there you can find answers, tutorials and a lot of good stuf for getting wise ...also a Google search i help full :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day,

Welcome to forum.

:mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”