Mintbox basic vs pro question

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
christian.stassen

mintbox questions

Post by christian.stassen »

So ive decided to buy a mintbox as it fits my need needs (despite some saying it's overpriced ).

it now comes with mint13, correct? is xbmc still installed as default, and if so, does it autoload? I am going to use it both as mediacenter and regular computer, so don't want it to autoload.

Can the basic play via hdmi? the pro states it explicitly, the basic doesn't, just want to make sure. Any issues with video watching on eiither of the two I should be aware of?

Lastly, does anyone have an idea if the pro will be discounted soon as well? I prefer the pro for better video, but the price difference is almost too big now
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
christian.stassen

Re: mintbox questions

More specifically, clem wrote This, does that mean no HDMI sound in basic?

On the mintBox Pro, glxgears runs at 60FPS using the default Gallium renderer and 1000FPS using the ATI drivers. HD video playback is more fluid and sound output via HDMI is enabled once the ATI drivers are installed.

On the mintBox Basic, glxgears runs at 60FPS using the default Gallium renderer and 800FPS using the ATI drivers. 
christian.stassen

And is the issue with having to install ati drivers to get it to work with HDMI gone with mint13?
christian.stassen

Noone have an answer for this? If not, any suggestion on where to find it?
christian.stassen

Mintbox basic vs pro question

Trying to post it here as no luck on other forum:

So ive decided to buy a mintbox as it fits my need needs (despite some saying it's overpriced ).

it now comes with mint13, correct? is xbmc still installed as default, and if so, does it autoload? I am going to use it both as mediacenter and regular computer, so don't want it to autoload.

also, clem wrote this on a site, does that mean no HDMI sound in basic?

"On the mintBox Pro, glxgears runs at 60FPS using the default Gallium renderer and 1000FPS using the ATI drivers. HD video playback is more fluid and sound output via HDMI is enabled once the ATI drivers are installed.

On the mintBox Basic, glxgears runs at 60FPS using the default Gallium renderer and 800FPS using the ATI drivers. "

And is the issue with having to install ati drivers to get it to work with HDMI gone with mint13? i don't have a monitor so need it to work with HDMI to my TV out of the box
Last edited by xenopeek on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Same subject, so topics merged. Moved to forum where perhaps may get more attention.
christian.stassen

Re: Mintbox basic vs pro question

Anyone have any idea on this?
Orbmiser

Re: Mintbox basic vs pro question

Post by Orbmiser »

I would think forums under their support tab would have more info for you.
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/purchase/orde ... t-mintbox/

As they are selling and should support it. As probably are not going to find any here that has one.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”