How to remove something from 'Applications' window?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
countseight

How to remove something from 'Applications' window?

Post by countseight »

I can't figure out how to remove something that is listed in the applications portion of the 'start menu'. (no idea what its called) Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How to remove something from 'Applications' window?

Post by xenopeek »

You mean you want to just remove the launch icon? Or do you want to remove the program entirely from your hard disk?

If you just want to remove the launch icon, right-click the kickoff menu button and select to "Edit Applications". This will open the KDE Menu Editor, from which you can delete (or add) individual entries from your menu.

If you want to remove the entire program, you can do so in Software Manager.
countseight

Post by countseight »

Thank you, xenopeek! I wanted to remove the launch icon of Adobe Reader because it didn't install properly. I tried running the .bin file but it would just ask me what application I wanted to open it in....then I tried running the .deb install, which took a long time and said it was complete, however it clearly wasn't installed properly as it wouldn't launch. I was able to delete the /opt/Adobe directory to remove that portion, however the launch icon remained. Your simple fix action worked... I feel stupid for not finding it (I googled for a bit).

The only problem I am having now is that I am having problems viewing some (not all) .pdf files from websites. I am using chrome and sometimes I get 'you need to upgrade adobe' messages. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Probably best to start a new topic for that question, so that those with more experience with Chrome or Adobe Reader should see it.

Return to “Software & Applications”