Login Screen Font Size?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
windyweather
Level 3
Level 3

Login Screen Font Size?

Post by windyweather »

My friend is visually challenged. I'm setting up a Mint 14 system for safe surfing of the web.
The font size features are great for the system once she is logged in, but the font size of the login screen is very small.
Is there a way to increase the font size on the login screen?

Thanks,
ww
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
[Systems include LM 20 in VirtualBox / Win 10 Host on AMD Ryzen 3800x / AsRock A300 Ryzen 3200G]
igor83

Re: Login Screen Font Size?

Post by igor83 »

windyweather wrote:My friend is visually challenged. I'm setting up a Mint 14 system for safe surfing of the web.
The font size features are great for the system once she is logged in, but the font size of the login screen is very small.
Is there a way to increase the font size on the login screen?

Thanks,
ww
I haven't found any way to do that that works. Supposedly there is a command in grub's config file that lets you set the screen res, but that never works on my rig.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

The font size is determine by mdm login theme xml. You would have change the font size there as root. The themes are located in usr/share/mdm/themes.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
igor83

Post by igor83 »

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:The font size is determine by mdm login theme xml. You would have change the font size there as root. The themes are located in usr/share/mdm/themes.
Hey, that's right nice to know. Thanks.
I probably won't bother with it, because grub goes by in a flash (one second pause), but that puts a stopper on the OP's problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”