Flash not working across various sites on Firefox

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zmfc

Flash not working across various sites on Firefox

Post by zmfc »

Linux Mint 14 Nadia Cinnamon 32 bit with the codecs and multimedia support, just installed yesterday. I went to go watch a video on youtube and when the page loads, there is simply nothing where the video should be. Tried on projectfree.tv, and there was just a black box where the video should have been. Tried reinstalling the adobe flash plugin and there was no change. Running inxi -Fc 0 yields
System: Host: zmfc Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 14 Nadia
Machine: System: Dell product: Latitude E5500
Mobo: Dell model: 0DW634 Bios: Dell version: A06 date: 09/26/2008
CPU: Single core Intel CPU 575 (-UP-) cache: 1024 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3) clocked at 1000.00 MHz
Graphics: Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1280x800@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.0
Audio: Card: Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: 1.0.25
Network: Card-1: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5756ME Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express driver: tg3
IF: eth0 state: down mac: 00:23:ae:0c:8b:77
Card-2: NetGear WNA1100 Wireless-N 150 [Atheros AR9271] driver: ath9k_htc
IF: wlan0 state: up mac: e0:91:f5:3e:5d:3f
Drives: HDD Total Size: 82.1GB (5.8% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: FUJITSU_MHZ2080B size: 80.0GB
2: USB id: /dev/sdb model: TS2GJFV30 size: 2.1GB
Partition: ID: / size: 73G used: 4.0G (6%) fs: ext4 ID: swap-1 size: 1.03GB used: 0.15GB (15%) fs: swap
RAID: No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 66.5C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info: Processes: 139 Uptime: 5:54 Memory: 380.9/959.0MB Client: Shell inxi: 1.8.4
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Flash not working across various sites on Firefox

Post by palo »

zmfc wrote:Linux Mint 14 Nadia Cinnamon 32 bit with the codecs and multimedia support, just installed yesterday. I went to go watch a video on youtube and when the page loads, there is simply nothing where the video should be. Tried on projectfree.tv, and there was just a black box where the video should have been.

Using Maya here and I went to that site and am watching a movie now. Wow the site is awsome! (Legal :?: ) I have ABP installed and Java disabled and nothing else - do you have any addons installed that you can try disabled? Any other great sites like that I can check for you...wink.

Pat
zmfc

Re: Flash not working across various sites on Firefox

Post by zmfc »

I've added nothing to the browser at all. Tried restarting, no change.

Return to “Beginner Questions”