(Updated) Mysterious Multiplication of DVD icons

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

(Updated) Mysterious Multiplication of DVD icons

Postby wnpaul on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:57 am

Hello,

I have been running Mint 14 Mate for a few days, and for some reason I now have 24 icons for my DVD drive in the "Computer" file manager window; all but one of these show the volume name of the mounted DVD, the last one just says "CD/DVD Drive".

I also have 40 (!) icons for the DVD drive on the desktop, all of which say either "CD/DVD Drive" when the drive is empty, or else display the volume name of the mounted disk.

Has anybody seen this before, or have any idea what is going on? Or how to remedy it?

I currently have tons of open projects and really do not want to log out or reboot, so i cannot currently say whether this behaviiour persists across sessions ...

Wolf

Update: Actually, every time I put another CD/DVD in the drive, the icons would multiply, in the case of a blank DVD I got the "What do you want to do with this Disk" popup as many times as there were icons on the desktop -- quite a chore to close them all. So in the end I logged out and back in, and I am back to having a single CD/DVD drive icon. No idea what caused this; it would still be helpful to hear from anyone who has encountered this before or who can shed some light on what might have caused it.

Desktop.png
Desktop with proliferating DVD icons
Desktop.png (496.66 KiB) Viewed 283 times

DVDproliferation1.png
File Manager "Computer" Window with proliferation of DVD icons
DVDproliferation1.png (131.17 KiB) Viewed 283 times
wnpaul
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to MATE