( solved ) Pandora stalled on mint14 in FF

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lightelf

( solved ) Pandora stalled on mint14 in FF

Post by lightelf »

:mrgreen: Greetings! My first post. I looked around but am still at a loss....Fresh install Mint 14 today and the included FireFox will not run the Pandora web page. It stalls with a blue background and a spinning arrow. So I loaded Chrome and Pandora works just fine. Is there some tweak I am missing or it it Endemic? Thanks for any feedback! :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Pandora stalled on mint14 in FF

Post by catweazel »

lightelf wrote:FireFox will not run the Pandora web page.
Que?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

lightelf wrote:included FireFox will not run the Pandora web page. It stalls with a blue background and a spinning arrow. So I loaded Chrome and Pandora works just fine. Is there some tweak I am missing
Hello lightelf. It is likely that you are having a problem with Flash working in Firefox as Pandora needs Flash to work. Just try this link in FF to see if your Flash is recognized. Just report back with your findings and do not try to follow the instructions on that page for installing. Chrome uses a built-in Flash.

Pat
lightelf

(solved) Re: Pandora stalled on mint14 in FF

Post by lightelf »

Well that explains it! Thanks. I have the FF add on Flashblocker running and putting Pandora on the whitelist fixed it. What threw me was I did not get the grey arrow place holder showing up when a flash is blocked...allowing me to clickn / open the flash object. After the fact my quesion seems kinda lame. :lol:

( I don't see how to edit the header to say 'solved' or have I already done this okay?)
Last edited by lightelf on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 3.14159 »

TehGhodTrole wrote:
lightelf wrote:FireFox will not run the Pandora web page.
Que?
Che?
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

lightelf wrote: What threw me was I did not get the grey arrow place holder showing up when a flash is blocked...allowing me to clickn / open the flash object. After the fact my quesion seems kinda lame. :lol:
Glad you got it working. Your question isn't lame - what's lame is that Pandora blocks you if you don't have flash (prolly because of the ads).
lightelf wrote:( I don't see how to edit the header to say 'solved' or have I already done this okay?)
Edit the subject heading in your first post to fix that :D
lightelf

Re: ( solved ) Pandora stalled on mint14 in FF

Post by lightelf »

Edit the subject heading in your first post to fix that :D
Done! Thanks!

Return to “Beginner Questions”