Login Screen Font Size?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Login Screen Font Size?

Postby windyweather on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 pm

My friend is visually challenged. I'm setting up a Mint 14 system for safe surfing of the web.
The font size features are great for the system once she is logged in, but the font size of the login screen is very small.
Is there a way to increase the font size on the login screen?

Thanks,
ww
windyweather
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Login Screen Font Size?

Postby igor83 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 pm

windyweather wrote:My friend is visually challenged. I'm setting up a Mint 14 system for safe surfing of the web.
The font size features are great for the system once she is logged in, but the font size of the login screen is very small.
Is there a way to increase the font size on the login screen?

Thanks,
ww

I haven't found any way to do that that works. Supposedly there is a command in grub's config file that lets you set the screen res, but that never works on my rig.
My desktop runs 64-bit Kubuntu 13.04, my htpc runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia Xfce, my answering machine runs 64-bit windows 7, and my laptop runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia KDE. Each seems suited to its purpose.
igor83
Level 4
Level 4

Postby TheDynamicHamza21 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:14 am

The font size is determine by mdm login theme xml. You would have change the font size there as root. The themes are located in usr/share/mdm/themes.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

www.domeshotsandfatlaces.com
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Postby igor83 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:37 pm

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:The font size is determine by mdm login theme xml. You would have change the font size there as root. The themes are located in usr/share/mdm/themes.

Hey, that's right nice to know. Thanks.
I probably won't bother with it, because grub goes by in a flash (one second pause), but that puts a stopper on the OP's problem.
My desktop runs 64-bit Kubuntu 13.04, my htpc runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia Xfce, my answering machine runs 64-bit windows 7, and my laptop runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia KDE. Each seems suited to its purpose.
igor83
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications