questions about the boot splash

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jonass

questions about the boot splash

Post by jonass »

1. Is it possible to change the boot splash to a short video graphic, and how?

2. If I lengthened the amount of time the boot splash was shown, would the computer start in a more "ready" state? Ex: I want xbmc to begin at startup, if I increase the time that the boot splash is up, would that make it so I never even saw the desktop and post boot splash it just opened to xbmc already up and running?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unheeding

Re: questions about the boot splash

Post by unheeding »

The boot splash utility is called plymouth. Here is a short introduction to creating plymouth themes. It's possible to have quite an elaborate boot splash - openSUSE 12 comes to mind.

I don't think a longer boot splash would get the desktop into a more ready state. Usually the desktop only loads after you've logged in, and I'd bet that this is true of XBMC too.
bejiitas_wrath

Re: questions about the boot splash

Post by bejiitas_wrath »

Is there a way to have images as a background for the Virtual Terminals like you could with older Linux distributions or has that gone the way of the Dodo? As that was a nice feature indeed.

Return to “Xfce”