Printing in Linux Mint 14

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kecskebeka

Printing in Linux Mint 14

Post by kecskebeka »

A recently installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon (32 bit) on my new desktop computer. It works very well for me. Except there is trouble with printing. I have a Samsung-4623F which worked well with Linux Mint 13 Mate before. With LM 14 it prints randomly. Sometimes it will print sometimes a pop up window will say pringing is done but nothing happens. It does not work at all if I just want to print one page of a document.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Detonate

Re: Printing in Linux Mint 14

Post by Detonate »

Sounds like a driver issue. Open the CUPS interface at localhost:631 in your browser and modify the printer to use a different driver than the one you are currently using if additional drivers are listed. Try them all until you get one that works. If no additional drivers are available you may have to see if you can find one on the internet and download and install it.
kecskebeka

Post by kecskebeka »

It is still the same. A changed the drivers. Sometimes it works all right. But most of the time I have press print four to seven times in order to print a document.
kecskebeka

Post by kecskebeka »

It is still the same. A changed the drivers. Sometimes it works all right. But most of the time I have to
press print four to seven times in order to print a document.
Last edited by kecskebeka on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detonate

Post by Detonate »

The next suggestion I have is to check the connection to the printer? Could be a bad cable.
Dyfi

Post by Dyfi »

Also, have a look at Printer Options and see if you have the correct paper tray checked.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Do the unprinted documents appear in the queue when right-clicking the printer in system-config-printer (which you can run through Alt-F2)?
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
kecskebeka

Post by kecskebeka »

The cabel is fine.
The unprinted documents appear in the system-config-printer for a few seconds and then disappear.
kecskebeka

Post by kecskebeka »

One new thing. Sometimes no notification appears on the top right corner when printing. I am cluless.

Return to “Software & Applications”