KDE mixer doesn't seem to do anything

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zophixan

KDE mixer doesn't seem to do anything

Post by Zophixan »

Hey guys, I notice the KDE mixer doesn't seem to do anything, ie. if I adjust volume or mute, nothing actually happens! How can I fix this? Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Zophixan

Re: KDE mixer doesn't seem to do anything

Post by Zophixan »

Opps sorry, sound works fine. I'm on a laptop. I've tried both, gui and keys. Tried every slider, doesn't seem to do anything. I can adjust volume on youtube, but not through KDE mixer.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Zophixan,

ed@Mint is correct. It sounds as if you don't have your master volume set to the active channel. You can set the master channel by right clicking on the little speaker icon and selecting "master channel select." Then check the box that applies to you.

Fred
Fred

Post by Fred »

Ed,

I am absolutely sure you do better with English than I do with French. :-)

Fred

EDIT: I had two years of French in high school. Do you have any idea how long ago that was? lol
Zophixan

Post by Zophixan »

Hey, thanks guys, fixed it :-D turns out i needed to select the right channel! I tried to use the keytouch program to adjust the volume keys to change pcm volume instead of master, but it didn't work, is there any other software which can do that?

Post by Guest »

ok will do! I tried again with keytouch but it had a strange bug which made konqourer open everytime I pressed ctrl! (Which I didn't notice till i had held it on way too long)!

Return to “Software & Applications”