Where does the x86_64-efi folder go?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jaderiver
Level 3
Level 3

Where does the x86_64-efi folder go?

Post by jaderiver »

Could somebody please tell me where the "x86_64-efi" folder goes? This folder recently appeared on my desktop, probably through an inadvertent sleight of hand while I was exploring Mint folders.

The folder is not a link, but an original folder. If I trash, will this type of folder be recreated?

(The folder is filled with audio icons, but clicking to play any one results in message:
"Required plugin could not be found
Python (v2.7) requires to install plugins to play media files of the following type: application/x-executable decoder")

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ASUS U56E 64-bit Mint 21.2 MATE Victoria No longer dualbooting WIN 7 and surviving
T-Mobile 5G or 4GLTE hotspot
; WiFi/Tether to Android hotspot
harmonbc

Re: Where does the x86_64-efi folder go?

Post by harmonbc »

Could you post a picture of the contents?

I'm just guessing but from a quick google it would be /boot/grub/
jaderiver
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jaderiver »

harmonbc:

Thank you for your quick reply. Here are a couple of screenshots showing much of the list. Let me know if you need the rest of the list.
jaderiver

Screenshot.png
Screenshot-1.png
ASUS U56E 64-bit Mint 21.2 MATE Victoria No longer dualbooting WIN 7 and surviving
harmonbc

Post by harmonbc »

Yeah that goes under /boot/grub/
jaderiver
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jaderiver »

I am trying to move into /boot/grub folder but keep receiving this message:

"The folder "x86_64-efi" cannot be copied because you do not have permissions to create it in the destination."

Can you please tell me if I need to complete this step in terminal with a sudo command?

Or, given that the /boot/grub folder already has all the exact files as the x86-64efi folder, should I not worry and delete? I did a little googling and read a little background, but admit to just wanting the quick answer for now to clear off my desktop! Grrr.

Thank you.
harmonbc

Post by harmonbc »

If the folder is already in the boot/grub/ then I wouldn't worry about it, it was just probably a mistaken copy; there's nowhere else for the folder to go.

If you have to move it in there you would have to use the sudo mv Desktop/x86_64-efi /boot/grub/ from terminal

Return to “MATE”