Cannot connect to wifi

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
everest

Cannot connect to wifi

Post by everest »

Hello I recently installed Linux Mint 14 onto my iMac. Everything is working fine and dandy except for one thing. I cannot connect to my apple airport express wifi. In fact I cannot see ANY wifi networks at all in Linux. Please I spent many hours trying to install Linux and trying to search for fixes on this problem. I'd apprieciate any help. Im also a newbie at computers so easy step by step instructions if you can please
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Cannot connect to wifi

Post by jungle_boy »

Open a terminal and:

Code: Select all

inxi -N
Copy here the output.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
michael212

Post by michael212 »

I'm having the same problem. INXI command returns that I have two cards, a Broadcom BCM4311 802.11a/b/g with a driver b43-pci-bridge and card2: Marvell 88e8053 PCI-E gigabit ethernet controller, driver sky2 and there seems to be no way to launch the wifi controller in the gui.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

michael212 wrote:I'm having the same problem. INXI command returns that I have two cards, a Broadcom BCM4311 802.11a/b/g with a driver b43-pci-bridge and card2: Marvell 88e8053 PCI-E gigabit ethernet controller, driver sky2 and there seems to be no way to launch the wifi controller in the gui.
try installing this driver package from synaptic see it it will work for you.

Code: Select all

firmware-b43-lpphy-installer
Then reboot
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
michael212

Post by michael212 »

Strange thing is the wifi was there during install. The first thing the installer DVD asked for was login credentials for my router.
michael212

Post by michael212 »

OK, I installed the firmware update like you suggested and still, nothing.

Return to “Networking”