open application into specific workspace

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
wihiker

open application into specific workspace

Post by wihiker »

I have several workspaces set up in Linux Mint 14. When I open any app, that app now opens in whatever space I happen to be in. It would be helpful at times if an app would open into a specified workspace.

For example, Workspace 1 is email, Internet; Workspace 2 is office related; Workspace 3 is bookkeeping. Regardless the workspace, when I would open LibreOffice, it would be great if it opened automatically into Workspace 2; Moneydance into Workspace 3.

An additional option would be to automatically populate workspaces with specific apps upon boot up.

Thoughts?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: open application into specific workspace

Post by xenopeek »

You can do that in various ways, but the easy with which you can do this depends on which desktop environment you are using (KDE has this built in for example, IIRC). So perhaps add that tidbit to your post, and then perhaps it turns into a support request instead of a suggestion? And note the forum rules above; Cinnamon suggestions to GitHub please.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”