Why no "format" and similar functions on right click on USB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Why no "format" and similar functions on right click on USB

Post by wpshooter »

Why is there no "format" and other similar functions available when right clicking on say a USB drive in MINT version 14 ?

There are a whole group of functions displayed on the menu that pops up but they are grayed out !!!!

Is there something that needs to be installed or configured for these functions to be avaiable on the right click menu.

I know that gparted can be installed BUT does seem to me that that should be necessary to have these functions on this menu.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Why no "format" and similar functions on right click on

Post by raymerjacque »

would be nice if linux had that. but i assume unlike windows, linux does not have a built in partition app. Gparted is on live dvd but not on the installed version of linux and even the apps made for partition managing in linux dont have feature to use with context menus. I suppose eventualy it will come in time.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wpshooter »

raymerjacque wrote:would be nice if linux had that. but i assume unlike windows, linux does not have a built in partition app. Gparted is on live dvd but not on the installed version of linux and even the apps made for partition managing in linux dont have feature to use with context menus. I suppose eventualy it will come in time.
I find it sort of strange that this feature IS available in Ubuntu but not in MINT and Mint is supposedly based on Ubuntu.

Thanks.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Post by raymerjacque »

Ah, well ive never used ubuntu, so didnt know they had it...

In that case i hope the mint devs look into it :)
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Gparted is available in mint check to make sure your up to date. I have used it a couple times making a few backup drives. You can also apt-get it or go through Software Manager

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Installation & Boot”