Joined Mint To Try out STEAM

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gamersciz

Joined Mint To Try out STEAM

Post by Gamersciz »

So I have been hearing about STEAM coming to Linux. I have been waiting ever so long for this to happen. I started off on RedHat Linux back in the day in college. Since then I realized just how much more stable and friendly Linux is compared to windows. However, I realized being a gamer, that I am forced to use Windows. Now I know that even though STEAM is linux friendly the games still have to support it. However I hope that in time many games will become Linux friendly. For now I am simply testing out mint alongside windows and having my fun. Just started today but already excited to see what kind of customization and fun I can have.

P.S. Looking forward to playing some TF2 on Linux later!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Joined Mint To Try out STEAM

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Welcome Aboard.

Gaming on Linux Mint Forum may interest you.
Steam for Linux community - You can join this forum, if you haven't.

I am not a gamer myself - installed TF2 week back (since its free-to-play :D )and is working fine. Still trying to get a hang of the game.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Hey welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
meteorrock

Post by meteorrock »

Hi there. Let the developers know that gaming on linux roxs and to always port games to linux. :) I find games run better with linux without any lag on the same hardware specs compared to windows. Lets us know how it goes for you! Hype it hard so devs get the idea if you agree. :wink:

✿`*.¸.*´✿ ❀(¯`♥´¯)❀ ✿`*.¸.*´✿ *❀✿❀* ☆¨´`'*°☆.¸.☆¨´`'*°

Return to “Introduce Yourself”