Linux Mint 12 and Logitech C310 Webcam Microphone:

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jimmmac1
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint 12 and Logitech C310 Webcam Microphone:

Post by Jimmmac1 »

Good morning

I am having a particularly vexing problem with Linux Mint 12 and Logitech C310 Webcam Microphone. I can't record sound. I dual boot Window 7 and the sound recorder records sound, but nothing in Mint. I have tried both of the Sound recorders and Audacity and it just won't record. Also I have googled for answers and tried a lot of what was suggested and it still doesn't work. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Macdonald
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Linux Mint 12 and Logitech C310 Webcam Microphone:

Post by bigj231 »

Did you check and see if the webcam microphone is selected in pulse? Just open the sound applet and check in the input tab. You might have to change the selection in "connector".
Also, why are you running Mint 12? Mint 13 is a LTS, so it will be supported for several years.
Jimmmac1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Jimmmac1 »

Hi Bigj231

Thanks for your response. I am running Mint 12 because we are having home roof problems and I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet. I opened what I think is the sound applet, which says volume control across the top. For the input devices, I only have one option for input devices, and that says Analog Microphone. At the top, it says Webcam 310 Analog Mono. Not sure what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jim
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

It's been a while since I've run Mint 12. Isn't it using Gnome Shell instead of Cinnamon?. If you could take a screenshot of your relevant sound applet window, maybe I could help you more. I don't currently have any computers running Mint 12, or any install media for it.

I think you might have to move the volume slider so it's not at the minimum position. It usually mutes the mic as startup.
Do Audacity and other programs see the mic, or does it not even show up? Since it says something about it in the sound panel applet, that leads me to believe that it's being detected. Try unmuting the mic.
Jimmmac1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Jimmmac1 »

Hi Bigj231

Thanks for your response. I did check the microphone and volume is almost full. So that isn't the problem. Not sure what to do now. Thanks.

Jim

Return to “Hardware Support”