unable to connect to the internet

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Popeye the sailor

unable to connect to the internet

Post by Popeye the sailor »

I finally got Ubuntu installed and is up and running.....connected to the internet through wifi........after a day or so being back online in the middle of being on line the signal went down......the message I am getting a says "Wireless Unmanaged" I also got wireless disconnected........there is no signal in the upper right hand corner that shows a connection to wifi...it's blank.........

I reinstalled Ubuntu and still no connection to wifi.......anyone got an idea of what might be the problem

using a Hewlett Packard pavilion g6 computer that is 2 years old

could this actually be a hardware problem - haven't heard of this happening to anyone else though
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: unable to connect to the internet

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here as this is about Ubuntu. You may instead also ask this on the Ubuntu forums perhaps? I'd ask you to share the output of mintwifi, but you don't have that on Ubuntu :wink:

Return to “Chat about Linux”