Netbeans 7.3 Menus and Panels

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
craig100
Level 3
Level 3

Netbeans 7.3 Menus and Panels

Post by craig100 »

Hi,

I've been using Netbeans for a few years now on both Ubuntu (pre Unity) and Mint Cinammon x64 (currently Mint 13). I no longer wanted to put up with the menus exhibiting a severe mouse offset in Netbeans 7.0.1, worse when full screen, not so bad when not full screen. So upgraded to Netbeans 7.3 as advised by the Netbeans forum. I now find that not only do the menus still misbehave but the panels (editor, files, projects, etc.) jump all over the place when opening projects, or files. They no longer stay where you put them.

I was wondering if this is a platform issue or an application issue? As a web developer I really need a stable application to build my web apps. While I like Netbeans a lot, it's become unusable. Should I switch to PHPStorm or something else that runs properly on Mint Cinnamon?

Any advice appreciated.

Craig
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Netbeans 7.3 Menus and Panels

Post by grimdestripador »

All massive IDE seems to act the same, they give you numerous customizable panels which seem to fly around on the screen during different activities. Often there is no conveyance of what they small buttons or drags effect.

Massive IDEs:
  • Eclipse
    Netbeans
Small Text IDEs
  • geany
    kate
these are all available on sudo apt-get install <appname>

PS.
Also instead of moving the windows how you like them. Create a Perspective / View / Aspect for each condition.

Return to “Software & Applications”