Wake Mint 14 from suspend/sleep without password

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amicose

Wake Mint 14 from suspend/sleep without password

Post by amicose »

Surprised to see no information about this quite simple request. I've managed to enable automatic login, which oddly is a two step process in System Settings/User Accounts and Administration/Login Window. Can't find any option to allow Mint to wake without password though. Any ideas?

Thanks
M
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
EmpireITtech

Re: Wake Mint 14 from suspend/sleep without password

Post by EmpireITtech »

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.p ... 66504.html

although I don't see why you'd wanna do this bc either a) set your sleep time to longer and it won't be as bothersome or b) change your password to something real short like 123
IMO it's good for there to be a password to login and to wake up, incase I wanna walk away for a bit. It bothered me at first too, so I changed the power options to never go to sleep or suspend unless I tell it too, and set it to only go to screensaver after 30 minutes of inactivity. That way I only have to type the pw when I restart it or tell it to go to sleep.
sandyrao
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sandyrao »

It's actually pretty simple.

Menu-->System tools -->System Settings -->Brightness and lock--> Uncheck "Require my password when waking from suspend".

These work on linux mint 14, Cinnamon.

Hope it helps.
lexeme

Post by lexeme »

sandyrao wrote:Menu-->System tools -->System Settings -->Brightness and lock--> Uncheck "Require my password when waking from suspend".
Thanks, I've been looking for this!

By the way you wouldn't happen to know a way to make my username highlighted/selected at boot?
As it stands I have to select my user name before entering password. I only have one user I don't see why I should have to select myself before logging in.
I cant even hit enter or tab, I have to select my username with the mouse or touch pad.
Thanks again.

Return to “Beginner Questions”