Customized splash screen

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flyboy1565

Customized splash screen

Post by flyboy1565 »

Still green here so, I want to make/run a custom splash screen. I have Googled and come up with Plymouth. Will Plymouth work with mint 14 cinnamon and if so how do I start the gui?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Customized splash screen

Post by bigj231 »

I did it with Mint 13 and a static (.png) image. There is a plymouth GUI, but I never got it to work.
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Did you have to terminal code all that?

bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

I did it in the terminal, yes. I just Googled for plymouth. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Plymouth
I think I modified one of the pre-installed themes as well. I believe it was the mint logo one. I just pointed the picture to a different file and made new dots.
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Ok thanks lol. I guess I'll learn terminal coding sooner than I hoped lol

Return to “Beginner Questions”