Microphone automatically turns down all the time

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darxsys

Microphone automatically turns down all the time

Post by darxsys »

Hi.

I'm using Linux Mint Maya 13 MATE. I'm really happy with it, except for one little irritating thing I can't seem to solve. My internal laptop microphone (laptop is Samsung Series 7) gets turned down automatically all the time. When I'm talking to people on skype, I have to talk really loudly for them to be able to hear me and this is really annoying. I go to sounds settings, turn it up, and just watch how the bar goes down again. I really don't care about anything else except making it more loud, and to stay that way. How?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Microphone automatically turns down all the time

Post by bigj231 »

:shock: I've never heard of that before. Did you install something, or is a button on your keyboard stuck? Maybe try reinstalling Pulseaudio and ALSA? You could also see if it does it from a live environment.
thegreatgazoo

Re: Microphone automatically turns down all the time

Post by thegreatgazoo »

In the Skype sound settings there is an option for automatic gain control. Turn it off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Hardware Support”